Friday, October 17, 2008

A Flock of Turkeys

Oh, the times you don't have a camera with you. Tonight would have been a great night to have one with me. I went for a ride after work and rode over to Ramsey Canyon.
I was just getting to the trees as I rode up the canyon and happened to look to the right along the edge of the trees. There at the edge of the trees about 20 yards away was a flock of wild turkeys. I just had to stop and watch them for about 5 minutes as they snuck into the trees. It was very cool because wild turkeys are not something you see a lot of when riding.

About 1.5 miles farther up the canyon there was a small spike buck standing 10 - 15 feet off the road. I stopped as he was doing his best statue imitation. He did the stiff legged nervous walk into the trees where another deer was feeding. I watched them for a few minutes as they feed and then rode on.

It was very cool to see some wildlife and enjoy a beautiful ride up the canyon. My only regret? The last 3 miles of my ride up the canyon I had not ridden before and it was the most beautiful part of the ride. It is definitely a ride I will be doing again.

2 comments:

Bunker Family said...

Wow - Two updates in 2 days!! I am so proud of you. I sure wish I could have been with you riding up Ramsey canyon, what an awesome sight to see. It will be fun to finally be together and get to do some of those things. I am really looking forward to the day that we can all be together in Sierra Vista. Hey, check out Jeanne's blog (idmillers.blogspot.com) she did a nice tribute to you.

Love ya!
Jenn

Jeanne said...

sounds like a lovely ride! I wish you had your camera too! See I told you you need to take some pictures of your ride...if only you would have listened that day! ;)